Now Accepting Applications for the 2014 Grant Program!
We are thrilled to announce the 2014 Chiditarod Grant program! We have allocated up to $25,000 (in $5,000 increments) to be awarded to Chicago-area 501(c)3 organizations that are directly fighting hunger, making an impact on local food sustainability, and/or empowering individuals and communities through food education.
The application and nomination process begins today with an application deadline of 11:59 pm on June 30, 2014.
You are welcome to apply if your organization meets the following requirements:
- Be a recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organization, or have a written agreement of fiscal sponsorship from a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Operates in the metropolitan Chicagoland area
- Operates programs focusing on:
- Innovative educational opportunities
- Building partnerships with other organizations and policy-relevant leaders engaged in local issues
- Health nutrition or creative work on some aspect of food
- Innovation to address challenges to food access and availability
We are particularly interested in organizations whose mission is related to alleviating hunger, addressing food insecurity, and/or improving the lives of the public through education, food or hunger relief in the metropolitan Chicago area.
Applicants may directly submit their proposals or be nominated here.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
CHIditarod VIII. March 2, 2013 Making the epic “epic” for the past 7 years, now entering its 8th year. CHIditarod (ʃai*dit’*ə*rɒd): n.) the annual Chicago-based phenomenon that combines elements of the Alaskan Iditarod® with Chicago’s finest brand of debaucherous social activism. Part food drive, part race, part beauty pageant, part bar crawl. A spectacle like…
Come and get it! click Lincoln to Teleport to Merch Shop
…pardon our dust as we gut n’ rework our website. Our greatest thanks goes out to Symbiotic Creative for partnering with us to achieve this milestone. If you find any bugs please send ‘em to us!
ChiditaProm 2013 :: A ‘Rod to Remember An all-team, all-participant fundraiser for the 2013 CHIditarod. The 80′s prom you wish you had. Friday, February 8th, 2013 Buy Prom Tickets Why are we doing this? In 2012 teams stepped up to fundraise in a new and big way — by throwing their very own fundraiser parties….