Now Accepting Applications for the 2014 Grant Program!
We are thrilled to announce the 2014 Chiditarod Grant program! We have allocated up to $25,000 (in $5,000 increments) to be awarded to Chicago-area 501(c)3 organizations that are directly fighting hunger, making an impact on local food sustainability, and/or empowering individuals and communities through food education.
The application and nomination process begins today with an application deadline of 11:59 pm on June 30, 2014.
You are welcome to apply if your organization meets the following requirements:
- Be a recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organization, or have a written agreement of fiscal sponsorship from a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Operates in the metropolitan Chicagoland area
- Operates programs focusing on:
- Innovative educational opportunities
- Building partnerships with other organizations and policy-relevant leaders engaged in local issues
- Health nutrition or creative work on some aspect of food
- Innovation to address challenges to food access and availability
We are particularly interested in organizations whose mission is related to alleviating hunger, addressing food insecurity, and/or improving the lives of the public through education, food or hunger relief in the metropolitan Chicago area.
Applicants may directly submit their proposals or be nominated here.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The design contest is now open. Earn free entry and shwag for sharing your creative prowess. Contest is open until January 27, 2013!!
CHIditarod VII A smashing success! On March 3, 2012, 161 teams registered/151 teams raced and almost 275 volunteers participated in this year’s epic CHIditarod. Teams ran a 4.8ish mile race between 5 of 8 checkpoints in Chicago’s Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town and Ukranian Village neighborhoods. CHIditarod catapulted its anti-hunger efforts to new heights in…
2012 Finish Times Based on us getting your time card at Bottom Lounge. Our ChiScore automated timekeeping system returned with some new improvements, as well as a few newly-uncovered bugs. We’ll be dialing it in even further for 2013. If there’s something that seems amiss, or you notice we don’t have all your information, contact…
May the mush be with you.