Hello CHIditarod N00bie, we’re glad you’re here! So, you’ve signed up your team, started constructing your cart, and are getting ready to race. You’ve heard all about these mystical checkpoints but don’t quite know what to expect? This video will give you an idea.
Things To Note
- Read about specific contests here.
- There are activities and games at every checkpoint. Every checkpoint is different. Participate! It’s CHIditarod.
- They are run by volunteers LOVE the volunteers. They work really hard all day to make CHIditarod happen. There’s nothing volunteers hate more than whiney racers. Volunteers might be sassy – it’s part of their charm.
- You have to stay at each checkpoint for 25 minutes. This is 5 minutes longer than last year. This will give you a chance to actually taste your drink and maybe have a bite to eat.
- Each checkpoint is an awesome party.