Now Accepting Applications for the 2014 Grant Program!
We are thrilled to announce the 2014 Chiditarod Grant program! We have allocated up to $25,000 (in $5,000 increments) to be awarded to Chicago-area 501(c)3 organizations that are directly fighting hunger, making an impact on local food sustainability, and/or empowering individuals and communities through food education.
The application and nomination process begins today with an application deadline of 11:59 pm on June 30, 2014.
You are welcome to apply if your organization meets the following requirements:
- Be a recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organization, or have a written agreement of fiscal sponsorship from a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Operates in the metropolitan Chicagoland area
- Operates programs focusing on:
- Innovative educational opportunities
- Building partnerships with other organizations and policy-relevant leaders engaged in local issues
- Health nutrition or creative work on some aspect of food
- Innovation to address challenges to food access and availability
We are particularly interested in organizations whose mission is related to alleviating hunger, addressing food insecurity, and/or improving the lives of the public through education, food or hunger relief in the metropolitan Chicago area.
Applicants may directly submit their proposals or be nominated here.