This is the place to find information and download resources that will make your CHIditarod fun, easier, and save you some registration headaches on event day. Check back closer to race day for all the updated documents you’ll need.
Participant Zoom Orientation
There will be a zoom-based participant orientation meeting at Thursday Feb 24th, 7:30pm CT.
Fulton Market will be closed entirely between Ashland Ave and Justine Ave.
Morning Racer Drop-off
Team drop-off must occur at the corner of Fulton Market and Justine.
The exact address is 1532 W Fulton Market.
Approach the event from the North on Justine. Do not approach the event from Ashland or from the West on Fulton Market. These streets will be closed to traffic and there is no entrance on Ashland.
Facilities: Porto-potties and hand washing stations will be on-site. Cobra Lounge will also be open throughout the event for food, drink, warmth, bathroom facilities, etc.
Some of these resources may be from last year and may not get updated until a week before the race.
- 10:00am: Gates Open. Pre-registration is required.
- 11:00am: Gates close for all carts. All carts must arrive before 11:00am!
- 12pm: The Pageant Talent Show / Grand March / Fancy Walk begins! Each team has 3 minutes to strut their best interactive CHIditarod-infused creative stuff for the judges, and each other.
- Enjoy on-site food truck(s), and a full menu and bar from Cobra Lounge All Rise Brewery.
- 3pm: Award Ceremony
- 3:30pm: Event is finished! Help us teardown, leave no trace, take your cart home, and declare victory over hunger once more.
- 5pm: Street is clear.
Here is the 2022 Yard Map. The map can easily be printed from your browser.
We will have them on-site, but you can impress us with your advance preparation by printing and signing 5 of these in advance, then bring them to registration. Everyone on your team needs to sign one.
Here is the handout from the mandatory team orientation meeting prior to the event. This is an excellent synopsis, and reminder, of what to do and not do at CHIditarod.
Cart Deposit Refund
You must take your cart home with you on event day and you need to do so by 5 pm. You may not leave your cart overnight this year.
You must send us a picture of your cart returned to its natural habitat with the cart refund card to get your deposit back.
If you LOST/MISPLACED/THREW OUT your cart refund card – for SHAME. We told you at registration how important your racer packet was and that if you lost it you were royally #*$&@^. Ok, ok, we will help you redeem yourself. To receive your cart deposit back, take a picture of your cart with with a daily newspaper dated after race day. You can be in the photo too, creativity encouraged. This is to prove you returned your cart to its native habitat, or even better, that it’s in your vehicle or nestled all snug in your living room. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include team name, captain’s email address, and your name. Deadline: the stroke of midnight (12:00 am) on the Saturday after CHIditarod, March 12, 2022.
Here is your cart pick up timeline…
- 5pm on event day: You take your cart home with you.
- Leave No Trace: you are not allowed to dismantle, remove decorations, clean out your cart in The Yard. You must take home all your decorations, cart, garbage etc and dismantle at home. If you use the dumpsters you will forfeit your cart deposit. No exceptions. Not kidding.