Racer Registration is now CLOSED for CHIRodXVIII
Gather your team and get ready. To race, you must have a team of 5 people, a decorated shopping cart, REGISTER, pay the registration fee and cart deposit, have at least one team member attend a racer orientation, and bring the correct poundage of food to the starting line. There are absolutely, positively NO walk-up, race-day registrations allowed.
New this year! SuperFan Tickets
Want to be able to see your friends off from The Yard in the morning and watch them win prizes at the Awards Ceremony, but you aren’t racing yourself? Well, then you’re a Chiditatord SuperFan, and we have a special registration just for you…
A SuperFan ticket allows entry to The Yard for the morning’s festivities, and to the Awards Ceremony at the end of the day (location to be revealed on Race Day).
- Each ticket must be purchased separately for the purposes of tracking names at the gate
- SuperFans must be 21 years of age or older
- Gate will open for SuperFans at 10am. No earlier
- A light breakfast is provided
- Race begins at 12:30pm and the Yard closes thereafter
- You will be required to sign a waiver prior to entry
- There will be a maximum of 100 SuperFan ticket sold
- THERE IS NO SABOTAGE ALLOWED BY SUPERFANS
- THERE IS NO SABOTAGE IN THE YARD, PERIOD
- SuperFan ticket sales end at 11:59PM CT Thursday, March 2
Dates & Registration Pricing
Sign up early to save, or wait it out so we get more money to fight hunger (your call).
- $130.00 - through January 7, 2024
- $150.00 - through February 7, 2024
- $170.00 - through February 14, 2024
- Registration closes on February 14, 2024 at 11:59:59 pm CT
As in years past, registration fees are non-refundable, and there will be date-based pricing tiers. The earlier you commit, the cheaper your registration will be. All times are in the USA Central Time Zone. Additionally, all teams are required to pay a separate, refundable $88 cart deposit.
CHIditarod in a Nutshell
- Read all of the rules. Yes, all of them.
- Click on the “Register” button (above, if registration is open)
- Register your team and submit registration fees and your cart deposit
- Receive email from us confirming your full registration, which also has links to your automatically-created fundraising page
- Customize your team’s fundraising page
- Borrow a shopping cart (or buy one)
- Figure out a theme
- Unleash creative beast on selves and cart
- Collect food — 69 pounds minimum
- Fundraise like maniacs
- Attend mandatory racer orientation on Wednesday Feb 21st, 7 pm CT.
- Receive informational emails from us about race day. Read them all
- On Saturday March 2, 2024, bring all your stuff to CHIditarod (food, cart, teammates, good cheer)
- Give your food to the food truck. You will not be able to check in without all of your food.
- GLORY, EPIC, FUN, ADVENTURE, MUSH!
- Run with Epic smiles and strides across the finish line
- Attend award ceremony.
- Take your cart home with you
- Follow instructions for getting cart deposit back
- Begin nefarious planning for next year…