Registration opens January 1, 2020
Gather your team and get ready. To race, you must have a team of 5 people, a decorated shopping cart, PRE-REGISTER, pay the registration fee and cart deposit, have at least one team member attend a racer orientation, and bring the correct poundage of food to the starting line. There are absolutely, positively NO walk-up, race-day registrations allowed.
Dates & Registration Pricing
- January 1, 2020 - $75.00
- February 1, 2020 - $85.00
- February 10, 2020 - $95.00
- Registration closes on February 21, 2020 at 00:00 am CT
As in years past, registration fees are non-refundable, and there will be date-based pricing tiers. The earlier you commit, the cheaper your registration will be. All times are in the USA Central Time Zone. Additionally, all teams are required to pay a separate, refundable $88 cart deposit.
CHIditarod in a Nutshell
- Read all of the rules. Yes, all of them.
- Click on the “Register Now” button (above, if registration is open)
- Register your team and submit registration fees and your cart deposit
- Receive email from us confirming your full registration, which also has links to your automatically-created fundraising page
- Customize your team’s fundraising page
- Borrow a shopping cart (or buy one)
- Figure out a theme
- Unleash creative beast on selves and cart
- Collect food — 69 pounds minimum
- Fundraise like maniacs
- Attend mandatory racer orientation on February 27, 2020.
- Receive informational emails from us about race day. Read them all
- On March 7, 2020, bring all your stuff to CHIditarod (food, cart, teammates, good cheer)
- Give your food to the food truck. You will not be able to check in without all of your food.
- GLORY, EPIC, FUN, ADVENTURE, MUSH!
- Run with Epic smiles and strides across the finish line
- Attend award ceremony.
- Take your cart home with you
- Follow instructions for getting cart deposit back
- Begin nefarious planning for next year…