Registration is now open
Gather your team and get ready. To race, you must have a team of 5 people, a decorated shopping cart, PRE-REGISTER, pay the registration fee and cart deposit, have at least one team member attend a racer orientation, and bring the correct poundage of food to the starting line. There are absolutely, positively NO walk-up, race-day registrations allowed.
Dates & Registration Pricing
- December 15, 2018 - $75.00
- January 1, 2019 - $80.00
- February 1, 2019 - $85.00
- February 10, 2019 - $90.00
- Registration closes on February 15, 2019 at 00:00 am CT
As in years past, registration fees are non-refundable, and there will be three tiers of pricing. The earlier you commit, the cheaper your registration will be. All times are in the USA Central Time Zone. Additionally, all teams are required to pay a separate, $88 cart deposit.
CHIditarod in a Nutshell
- Read all of the rules. Yes, all of them.
- Click on the “Register Now” button (above, if registration is open)
- Register your team and submit registration fees and your cart deposit
- Receive email from us confirming your full registration, which also has links to your automatically-created fundraising page
- Customize your team’s fundraising page
- Borrow a shopping cart (or buy one)
- Figure out a theme
- Unleash creative beast on selves and cart
- Collect food — 69 pounds minimum
- Fundraise like maniacs
- Attend mandatory racer orientation on Thursday, February 22, 2019.
- Receive informational emails from us about race day. Read them all
- On March 2, 2019, bring all your stuff to CHIditarod (food, cart, teammates, good cheer)
- Give your food to the food truck. You will not be able to check in without all of your food.
- GLORY, EPIC, FUN, ADVENTURE, MUSH!
- Run with Epic smiles and strides across the finish line
- Attend award ceremony.
- Take your cart home with you
- Follow instructions for getting cart deposit back
- Begin nefarious planning for next year…