CHIditarod would not exist without technology. Mailing lists and social media help get the word out and keep your volunteers organized. Google docs and forms allow easy signups and sorting. But that is just the beginning.
Over the years we built custom systems to handle the more tedious aspects of our events – racer registration & payments (DogTag), realtime web-based racer timing (ChiScore), and figuring out the routes that meet certain criteria (Routemaster). We have open-sourced all of our custom tools as a gift for use in your own events (caveat — you’ll probably need a software geek to assist you).
- Choosing an Online Fundraising Platform
- Online Merchandise Tools (Shopify, Paypal, Square)
- Dogtag – Online Team Registration & Payments Software
- Chiscore – Online Race Timing Software
- GroupMe – Group text messaging app
- Choosing Email Software
- Route Planning & Creation Software (Routemaster)
- Checkpoint Route Matrix [sample]
- Technology Benefits for 501(c)(3) Organizations