You will have several kinds of volunteers. Your Coreganizers will be overseeing whole aspects of your event. Each activity or location also has a unique set of volunteer engagements. Here are a couple of our spreadsheets for your reference. Note that we are pretty elaborate, and you don’t need to get this fancy, as long as your local roles are adequately covered.
Needless to say, volunteers do not “work for you.” Treat them with respect, make sure they are prepped for success, having fun and feel appreciated. They make the event what it is, and they are cheerleaders (and ambassadors) for the event and its participants.
- Coreganizer Roles Spreadsheet
- Volunteer Needs
- Volunteer signup [form] [spreadsheet]
- Volunteer Liability Waiver
- How to be a volunteer rockstar – A fun HowTo sheet
- Volunteer Email Examples
- Hello Beautiful Volunteers
- Volunteer Email #2 – Important Information!
- Starting Line Volunteers [sample]
- Master Judges [sample]