Mission: Solve Hunger
As the race has grown, so has the impact. CHIditarodders pack some serious potential — check out the history of our food and fundraising in our charity statistics page.
Food: Greater Chicago Food Depository
Funds: CHIditarod Foundation
Our very own CHIditarod Foundation 501(c)(3) is the beneficiary of your fundraising efforts. In 2014 the Foundation gave out $25,000 in grants to Chicago-area nonprofits combatting hunger and food scarcity. In 2013, we gave out $20,000. To learn what this is all about, and why it rocks, check out the CHIditarod Foundation page.
Team Fundraising: How do I get Started?
This year we’re using the Razoo social fundraising platform. Everyone can set up a fundraising page — team, volunteer, checkpoint squadron, etc. There’s a lot of cool bonuses for raising money, check out all the bonus levels. There’s a lot of cool CHIditarod swag to collect, so go check it out!
We understand teams have set up fundraising pages on different websites in the past, but through Razoo, we can do all of those great things on one site! Razoo has great features like allowing for matching grants, showing your fundraising total against other teams, having your entire team fundraise together with just one page, and personalizing your team page with photos, videos, and updates. There’s a leaderboard for bragging rights and totals. If your group will be doing fundraising (and you should, ’cause fundraising is rad), please set up a Razoo fundraising page under the CHIditarod RodX 2015 Fundraising Team Page, using the instructions below.
This year each CHIditarod racing team will have one joint page on Razoo – you can upload photos or videos, keep your donors up to date on the status of your cart, and more. Please make sure that your team name on Razoo matches the team name in Dogtag.
How to Set Up a Fundraising Page
Here’s the step-by-step process. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com. MUSH!
- Determine one person on your team to set up your team fundraising page, there’s no need for multiple pages this year!
- Head over to http://www.razoo.com
- Sign up for a Razoo account in whichever way you’d like (through Google+, Facebook, or by email). The link is in the upper right hand corner.
- Search for “CHiditarod” in the upper left hand search that’s called “Find your cause”
- Click on the “CHIditarod RodX: 2015 Fundraising” page or navigate to here: http://www.razoo.com/team/Chiditarod-Rodx-2015-Fundraising
- That one person on your team should join that Team Page as a Team Member by clicking on the “Fundraise” button below “Join This Team” on the right hand side of the page.
- Razoo will show you a team page with some information already filled in – this is a template that will be created whenever someone creates a fundraiser for this page.
- Click on the “Admin Panel” button above your total dollar amount raised to edit your team page with your new team name, edit the information, fill in your fundraising goals, etc.
- NOTE: When signing up, your team name on Razoo must match the team name you registered with in Dogtag.
- If your employer and/or your teammates’ employers would be interested in setting up matching grants, email us asap at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get everything set up!
- Do a happy dance for you have set up your fundraising page! Fun things to do now: edit your team page, upload photos and videos, etc.
We have created a “team” on Razoo to fundraise for this year’s CHIditarod – your team will sign up via this page for fundraising – your teams can fundraise for this team, don’t worry about the terminology. There’s also some helpful tutorials regarding what is a team on Razoo and how to join a team. If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!