A great place to watch the race is near the starting line. The race will begin at the corner of Wollcot and Hubbard (map) at 12:30 pm. Feel free to come on by to congratulate all the participants on their lack of taste as they cross the starting line. Cheer on your favorite dawgs (please leave your real pets at home) and mushers as they make their way towards the first checkpoint. Be there by 12 noon or you’ll miss the starting horn. And in case you were wondering – YES, the starting line is EPIC.
Food Drive Participation
Remember that the CHIditarod is a massive Food Drive! Please support the cause by bringing food to the checkpoints (*Phyllis’s is the only checkpoint with a food collection bin) and for giving to racers at the starting line/finish line. Referencing GCFD’s most needed items, the following are strongly preferred and provide greater nutritional value to the hungry:
Beans, Canned Fruit, Canned Vegetables, Cereal, Chili, Jelly, Macaroni and Cheese, Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Peanut Butter, Rice, Shelf-Stable Milk, Soup, Stew, Tuna
- Respect the neighborhoods CHIditarod visits – take your trash home with you, don’t trample people’s flowerbeds, etc.
- Follow posted signs and all laws.
- Stay out of the streets. Period. We mean it. You will be herded. Love you!
- Feel free to record the amazingness. Bring nice high-definition photo and video cameras. Upload and link to our Facebook Page, Flickr, etc. Tag “@chiditarod” and use #RodXII on Instagram and Twitter.
- Fundraise for charity!
- You are not allowed to participate in sabotage.
The Finish Line will be the same as Starting Line. If you would like to take part in post-race festivities just head straight to the award ceremony. Please check back closer to the race for more information.
DISCLAIMER – This information may change before race day.