New for 2013 – We are announcing the checkpoints early so your friends can gather at their favorite checkpoint to cheer you on. Don’t forget to ask them to bring food for the food drive!
- Bottom Lounge – 1375 W Lake St
- Club Foot – 1824 W Augusta Ave
- Cobra Lounge – 235 N Ashland Ave
- Boundary – 1932 W Division St
- Five Star – 1424 W Chicago Ave
- Mahoney’s – 551 N Ogden Ave
- Phyllis’s Musical Inn – 1800 W Division St
- Roots Pizza – 1924 W Chicago Ave.
- Respect the neighborhoods Chiditarod visits – take your trash home with you, don’t trample people’s flowerbeds, etc.
- Follow posted signs and all laws.
- Stay out of the streets. Period. We mean it. You will be herded. Love you!
- Feel free to record the amazingness. Bring nice high-definition photo and video cameras. Upload and link to our Facebook Page, Flickr, etc. Use the tag “@chiditarod” on twitter.
- Remember that the Chiditarod is a massive Food Drive! Please support the cause by bringing food to the checkpoints and for giving to racers at the starting line. Specific desireables:
Beans, Canned Fruit, Canned Vegetables, Cereal, Chili, Jelly, Macaroni and Cheese, Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Peanut Butter, Rice, Shelf-Stable Milk, Soup, Stew, Tuna
- Fundraise for charity!
- You are not allowed to participate in sabotage.
- If you are working with a team to provide food, you should consult with your team in advance as to where you plan on meeting them.
A great place to watch the race is near the starting line. The race will begin at the corner of Wollcot and Hubbard (map) at 12:30 pm. Feel free to come on by to congratulate all the participants on their lack of taste as they cross the starting line. Cheer on your favorite dawgs (please leave your real pets at home) and mushers as they make their way towards the first checkpoint. Be there by 12 noon or you’ll miss the starting horn. And in case you were wondering – YES, the starting line is EPIC.
The 2013 finish line is hosted by our friends at Bottom Lounge. Get there by around 2:30 pm if you want to catch the first teams as they cross the finish line in all of their glory, pain, and exhaustion. Awards ceremony is around 5:30-6:00 pm, depending on the pressure in the room and how fast we can tally prizes.
DISCLAIMER – This information may change before race day.