Registration opens January 15th
Answer your call to glory.
Gather your team and get ready to be EPIC! To race, you must have a team of 5 people, a decorated shopping cart, PRE-REGISTER for the race, pay the registration fee and cart deposit, have one team member attend a racer orientation, and bring the correct poundage of food to the starting line. There are absolutely, positively NO walk-up, race-day registrations allowed. Registration closes February 20th.
As in years past, registration fees are non-refundable, and there will be three tiers of pricing. The earlier you commit, the cheaper your registration will be. The tiers dates are:
- $70 January 15th – January 29th
- $75 January 30th – February 12th
- $85 February 13th – February 20th
- All teams are required to pay a $80 cart deposit
You must bring 69 pounds of non-perishable food with you on race day morning. Please reference the most-needed items.
Please do not bring anything in glass, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, chips, candy, dairy, fruit cups, unhealthy items and anything breakable or perishable.
Registration in a Nutshell:
- Click on the “Register Now” button (above)
- Pay the registration fee and cart deposit fee
- Receive email from us confirming your full registration
- Set up your teams fundraising page
- Borrow a shopping cart (or buy one)
- Figure out a theme
- Unleash creative beast on selves and cart
- Collect food
- Fundraise like maniacs
- Attend mandatory racer orientation on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
- Receive informational emails from us about race day. Read them all
- On March 5, 2016, bring all your stuff to CHIditarod (food, cart, teammates, good cheer)
- Give your food to the food truck. You will not be able to check in without all of your food.
- GLORY, EPIC, FUN, ADVENTURE, MUSH!
- Run with Epic smiles and strides across the finish line
- Attend award ceremony.
- Take your cart home with you
- Follow instructions for getting cart deposit back
- Begin nefarious planning for next year